Saturday, April 17, 2010

Who will I vote for?

Who will get my 3 votes?

This is the big question.

What if I tell you that I am a creole. Further what if I tell you that I was at last Saturday's FCM meeting at Saint Mary's College.

Does the above give you an indication of who I will vote for?

Well, you are dead wrong.

I was there simply just out of curiosity. I've heard so much about it that I had to figure out what it was really up to.

I heard about the manisfesto, I heard from the leaders and I've heard the members also. Well so long that there exist Voices of X or Y, then I believe it makes perfect sense for the FCM to exist. This said, if it was up to me I would immediately disband and outlaw all the FCM and VO? of Mauritius.

FCM is a proclaimed "non political" organisation. There was a persistant rumour during the past weeks that FCM president would be a Labour candidate. Then during the last meeting FCM's president asked whether we as creoles would vote for a government which promised wonders to creoles but failed to deliver. Many thought they had the correct interpretation of what he meant, I guess many of us are feeling stupid this morning. We had no clue that one of the leaders had an hidden agenda and was in the race for a Labour nomination. Mauritius is surely a free country but when you are the vice president of a non-political organisation, I believe that the least you can do is to disclose your political agenda. I feel offended and I am sure its the same for many others. Its no longer a mystery why in its last public meeting FCM gathered a crowd of 8,000 people as opposed to the 50,000 people crowd of its first meeting. We can feel when people are genuine or not!!!!Prove me wrong.

Now to get back to who my votes will go to.................I want to say that I am no fixed deposit to anyone. It should be the same for all of us, come on guys we are not stupid!!!!!! We should stop supporting political parties just like we support Manchester Utd or Liverpool FC. Further what this nonsense about creole voting creole or muslim voting muslisms and hindu voting hindu. What if the creole, muslim or hindu candidate is a complete "non-event"? We should all have at heart our own future and the future of the country, we need people who will work for the progress of our consituencies and for the country irrespective of the colour of his skin or his faith. I will vote for people who have made and will go on making a difference. People who unite rather than divide. People of action rather those who talk a lot.

Daryl

1 comment:

  1. Much fun and you can't imagine how that is happen. Well, that is definitely an adventure and is jealous.
    Flights to Bali,
    Flights to Kuala Lumpur,

    ReplyDelete